Hole By Hole
In an effort to recover the traditional design values of the game, Esler Golf Design renovated Mt. Prospect Golf Club and restored the course to its 1926 origins in a style consistent with one of the most famous Golden Age architects, Seth Raynor. Raynor designed renowned clubs like Fisher Island, Fox Chapel, Chicago Golf and Shoreacres. He was famous for his use of “template holes” in each of his designs which matched great golf holes throughout Britain. Each hole is appropriately named from its origin such as the Redan, Eden, Cape, Punchbowl, and Biarritz. All of these holes are represented in the redesign of Mt. Prospect Golf Club.
REMINDER: All golfers must:
- Have a receipt
- Keep pace (maintain the 8 minute starting interval).
- Have a bag and a set of clubs
- Repair ball marks and rake sand traps
- Wear non-metal spikes only
- No private carts allowed unless already registered under current owner
- Dress code policy: Men must wear shirts with sleeves, no tank tops. Women may wear sleeveless golf shirts, but no bathing suit tops.
- Kids 8-11 years old may play accompanied by a 21+ year old from the forward tees after 3:30pm on weekends and after 12pm on weekdays. Juniors 12 and over may play unaccompanied.
- No outside food, beverages or coolers
- Rainchecks issued if warranted
- Golf Course Staff authorized to enforce all rules
- No fivesomes, unless authorized by staff